Sunday, February 10, 2013

White Elephants


First off, if it wasn't for our discussion in class I would have been confused. “Hills Like White Elephants”, as we discussed, was about a lady who was waiting for a train to go and get an abortion. I’m not going to get into complete detail about the story; point is it was about an abortion .First time reading, I didn't really get what they were talking about.  The second time around, I read it knowing about the actual event. The whole drinking beer thing threw me off, though. I guess the reason why the abortion thing didn't even come in mind is because, Why would pregnant women be drinking beer? Then again she is getting an abortion so no harm, right? I don’t know though, I just wish the whole abortion thing would have been hinted. I feel they elaborated on other things, such as the setting, other than then the main point.

1 comment:

  1. Good...It wasn't just me wondering why she was drinking beer!

    ReplyDelete